Half-Life: Alyx is set to release in just a few hours and just in time for it, Nvidia today has released its WHQL-certified 445.75 drivers, touting Game Ready status for that game. Also releasing today is DLSS 2.0, and this driver release brings Game Ready support for DLSS 2.0 in Control and MechWarrior 5.
Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) relies on deep learning models that reconstruct a higher-resolution image out of a lower-resolution input, allowing games to have a lower rendering resolution but higher fidelity, without the aliasing that would usually be accompanied with such an approach. DLSS 2.0, as per Nvidia, delivers improved image quality, is more customizable, and supports a greater number of titles as it no longer relies on game-specific neural networks. You can read more about DLSS 2.0 over here.
Along with that, this release also brings optimal support for Resident Evil 3 remake which will be releasing on April 3, and Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s new Ghost Experience update which introduces a new Vulkan renderer. Unfortunately, there are no bug fixes included with this update. There are, however, a bunch of known issues:
Windows 7 Issues
- [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display
- settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [Doom Eternal]: Flickering occurs in the ShadowPlay on-screen settings when in-game Sync is OFF. 
- [Call of Duty – Warzone]: ShadowPlay and Screenshot capture does not work with Windows 7 (200593494)
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [SLI][Red Dead Redemption 2]: With SLI, G-SYNC, and V-Sync enabled, increased flickering occurs in the game. 
- Workaround: Disable V-Sync.
- [Strange Brigade (DirectX 12)]: Green color corruption appears in the game when the output color format is set to YCbCr 420 or 12bpc. 
- Workaround: Use a different color space such as 422 or 444.
- [Resident Evil 3 Remake]: The bundled GeForce Experience doesn’t support freestyle for the game. 
- [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay.
- [DOOM Eternal]: Error occurs in the game while capturing Super Resolution (AI Upres) Image with Ansel.
- [Doom Eternal]: The game frame rate drops when using the Steam in-game FPS counter. 
- Note: This issue also occurs with non-NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- [DOOM Eternal][HDR]: The game flickers when OS HDR is set to OFF and in-game HDR is set to ON.
- Workaround: Enable “Play HDR games and apps” from the Windows HD Color Settings menu.
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Game may display white flashes when player approaches a wall. 
- [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
- Workaround: Either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
This release also adds or updates the SLI profiles of these titles:
- ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN
- Blacksad: Under the Skin
- Blair Witch
- Close to the Sun
- Hell Let Loose
- Journey To The Savage Planet
- Monster Energy Supercross 3
- MotoGP 19
- MXGP 2019 – The Official Motocross Videogame
- eFootball PES 2020
- World War 3
All supported GPUs
- Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest • Phoenix Point
- Will To Live Online
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
There’s also the addition of one more monitor to the G-Sync Compatible Display list: it’s the Acer XB273GX.
The 445.75 WHQL-certified Game Ready drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.