© 2022, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. From a press release issued By David Swarts.
FIM MotoGP World Championship
Shake down test
February 1, 2022
Unofficial Day Two Lap Times (all on Michelin tires):
- Maverick Vinales, Spain (Aprilia), 1:59.833
- Michele Pirro, Italy (Ducati), 2:00.565*
- Marco Bezzecchi, Italy (Ducati), 2:00.734
- Raul Fernandez, Spain (KTM), 2:00.819
- Sylvain Guintoli, France (Suzuki), 2:01.102*
- Remy Gardner, Australia (KTM), 2:01.177
- Darryn Binder, South Africa (Yamaha), 2:01.297
- Stefan Bradl, Germany (Honda), 2:01.361*
- Mika Kallio, Finland (KTM), 2:01.923*
- Lorenzo Savadori, Italy (Aprilia), 2:02.043*
- Kohta Nozane, Japan (Yamaha), 2:02.870*
- Katsuyuki Nakasuga, Japan (Yamaha), 2:03,000*
- Dani Pedrosa, Spain (KTM), no time recorded*
More, from a press release issued by Dorna:
Day 2 of the #SepangShakedown saw Stefan Bradl and Honda join the fray, as well as Maverick Viñales for Aprilia Racing. The Noale factory’s concessions allow their race riders, Viñales and teammate Aleix Espargaro, to take part in the shakedown.
Fabio Di Giannantonio (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) was sidelined with illness on Tuesday but aims to be back out on track for Day 3.
Michele Pirro’s (51) test agenda apparently included Jack Miller-style wheelies. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Marco Bezzecchi (72) lowered his lap time significantly on Day Two. Photo courtesy Dorna.
MotoGP Raul Fernandez (25). Photo courtesy Dorna.
Sylvain Guintoli (50) continued testing for Suzuki on Day Two. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Remy Gardner (87) improved his best time on Day Two. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Darryn Binder (40) in action at Sepang. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Stefan Bradl started Honda’s testing program on Tuesday. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Mika Kallio (82) continued testing for KTM on Day Two. Photo courtesy Dorna.
Aprilia test rider Lorenzo Savadori (32). Photo courtesy Dorna.
Yamaha MotoGP test rider/World Superbike racer Kohta Nozane (T1). Photo courtesy Dorna.
2021 Japanese Superbike Champion and Yamaha MotoGP test rider Katsuyuki Nakasuga (T2). Photo courtesy Dorna.
For a second day KTM test rider Dani Pedrosa (26) was on track at Sepang, but for a second day his name did not appear on the timing monitors. Photo courtesy Dorna.